PureAir™ Air Purification System
Cleans The Air In Your Home Better Than Any Other Single System You Can Buy
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the air inside the average home is up to five times more polluted than the air outside. Nearly every home (96%) has at least one Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) problem. 86% have high levels of particles and bioaerosols like dust, pollen and viruses. 71% are filled with odors and potentially harmful chemicals and gasses. How clean is the air in your home?
The Lennox® PureAir™ air purification system helps control everything from microscopic dust mites and mold spores to infectious bacteria and viruses. It’s the only indoor air quality system that safely removes and destroys odors and chemical vapors, creating a clean, pure environment.
Three main components.
The revolutionary PureAir™ Air Purification System consists of a MERV 16 Precision Pleat™ filter, two 55-watt UVA lamps and a metal insert that is coated with a catalyst that’s activated by ultraviolet (UVA) light.
Three powerful air purifiers.
The PureAir System reduces concentrations of pollutants through a process called photocatalytic oxidation (PCO) that combines three of nature’s most powerful air purifiers:
- Ultraviolet light (UVA)
- Titanium dioxide catalyst, a nontoxic substance found in everyday household products.
- Hydroxyl radicals, formed through the chemical reaction of the catalyst and water vapor in the air, that destroy organic compounds.
Three fast, effective steps.
The photocatalytic oxidation process involves three steps:
- The Precision Pleat MERV 16, 5” filter captures particles and bioaerosols as small as .01 micron, removing them from the airstream – contaminants that standard filtration systems simply can’t stop.
- As the odor- and chemical-vapor-filled airstream flows over the UVA lamps, the airstream is exposed to the catalytic surface (titanium-dioxide-coated metal filter).
- The light energy and water vapor in the air activate the titanium dioxide catalyst, which generates hydroxyl radicals. These hydroxyl radicals attack the carbon components of the odors and chemical vapors, breaking them down into carbon dioxide and water.
PureAir™ Air Purification System Features
- Industry-leading air purification technology.
- Only single indoor air quality system to attack all three classes of indoor air contaminants: small breathable particles, airborne mold spores, bacteria and viruses, and odors and chemical vapors.
- Removes over 95% of particles ranging in size down to .3 micron.
Removes over 90% of bioaerosols ranging in size down to .01 micron.
- Removes and destroys approximately 50% of household odors and chemical vapors in a 24-hour period (based on laboratory and field studies).
- Reduces and destroys ozone (a product of pollution and a known lung irritant).